Friday, April 9, 2010

Addicted to Deals

I can barely contain my excitement. I have recently become addicted to deals and I want to tell the world about it. I have my mother to thank. Not only has she taught me how to be money conscious and deal savvy throughout my life, but she also introduced me to freebies2deals. I love this website because it tells me how and where to get great deals, but it has also led me to other awesome websites like hip2save, thefreebieblogger and a ton more. These websites have taught me about couponing, free samples, instant win games, and rebates, just to name a few.


This week I feel like I really took advantage of Kmart and it was awesome. They are doubling their coupons this week. Normally I wouldn't even know about this and if I did know I probably wouldn't care because I have a strong dislike for Kmart. However, these blogs listed the best deals (usually free) and where I could find the coupons. So, I gave it a try on Wednesday and got the following for $3.22.

The only things I paid for were $1 for each of the Ziplocs and $.50 for the Febreeze. Everything else was free and I just had to pay for the tax. While I was driving away from Kmart that day I felt the addiction set in.

The next day I went back and got the following for 3.17 (let me mention you can only double 5 a day).

Once again I only paid 1.19 for each of the shave creams and everything else was free.

This morning I felt like I was getting the hang of it so Graham and I went again (P.S. Graham seems to hate Kmart). Before heading over to Kmart we stopped in at Einsteins to get our free bagel (thanks to my obsessive deal hunting) and then we got the best load of them all--everything for 1.61.

The only thing I paid for was Raising Arizona for $1! I can honestly say that I think this is fun. Is that weird?

3 comments:

  1. Dang I am totally impressed. Especially with the $1 "Raising Arizona", that is such a great movie!! Ha ha. I will definitely have to check these sites out. I think it's awesome you're into this, I mean you are saving your family money and making it fun all at the same time. You are my inspiration :). I shall never pay full price again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are a coupon guru queen now! You forgot to mention how to get awesome Target deals...there is a system as we now know! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo! Go Michelle! I am into it too and love the savings. Sorry I didn't get to see your house that Saturday - Darin said it was GREAT!! We will be excited to stay with you on another trip. My fam had planned rooms together at the hotel, but hopefully I can hang with you guys and Graham next time. Miss ya and squeeze that handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete