Monday, August 17, 2009

Recent Realizations

1. A week and a half ago, August 6th to be exact, Graham's first tooth popped out of his once harmless lower gum. I had been checking it constantly for a couple of weeks anticipating the moment with excitement. However, as soon as I realized he got first tooth I was quickly overcome with sadness at the realization that Graham will not be a baby forever. I know this sounds weird, but I honestly hadn't thought about it before. Although I know I will love every stage of life he goes through, these past six months have been surreal and wonderful and I am trying to soak up every minute of it before it is too late.

2. Jesse and I went to the Metropolitan for an early anniversary celebration. I have heard Jesse talk about it before and when I saw half-price gift certificates on Utah Real Deals, the bargain lover in me just couldn't resist. Jesse and I love to eat out, but that night we realized we aren't the type of folks that can really appreciate "a gift from the chef" (especially when it is a grape covered in goat cheese), being called madam and good sir, or wagyu beef that is supposedly so delicious you should eat it raw. I am going to stick with my faves--Pizza Factory and the Cowboy Grub.

3. Last week I ran the first long run that actually gave me some pause beforehand. The 16 miles were tough, but I realized that I can do it. I also realized that even though I might be very hungry afterwards, corndogs are not the answer.

4. Today I posted a desk and some other office furniture on KSL.com. They were sold within three hours. I realized that there are few things that can make you feel as good as getting money for something you almost took to D.I.

5 comments:

  1. Love it. This is a great post. Makes me feel like I'm sitting right next to you. These are the simple joys of life. I'm so glad you're not a fancy "Madam" eat your meat raw kinda gal, who knows if you'd put up with my Mickey D loving ways if you were. Keep writing and capturing every moment of your little man. He is beautiful and they do grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three items floating on Craigslist.com as we speak. People don't jump at used goods down here like they do in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just begun blogging again and loved updating on your blog. Are you running a full marathon?!? Why are you running sixteen miles? Also, are you guys still planning a move? How is all that going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....michelle....great job....i can't believe you are up to 16 miles...your my new hero, really, i am so impressed. it is sad when they grow up huh? that is why we want more, i'm convinced. =) hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all Happy Anniversary...today! :)So Metropolitan was a bust? The classics will never fail us like Settabellos! :)
    I can't believe all that stuff was sold in 3 hours! Awesome! I can't believe you ran 16 miles straight!! I don't know how people do that. I am glad you are enjoying being a mommy and soaking it up! You are a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete