Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Feeling Crafty

It is a bit of an understatement that I have been feeling crafty lately.  After the madness that comes with Christmas, I felt like I had time on my hands to get creative.  Here are some of the things I came up with.


"Bitty Banners" for friends...


and babies


An owl that I saw on etsy and reinterpreted


"Freezer Paper" stenciled shirts, thanks to my crafty friend Darcie


And finally, a bird silhouette that I had been putting off for at least six months. I had covered a square canvas with scrapbook paper and black ribbon, with the intention of printing off a tree and bird silhouette to trace on.  I could not figure out the logistics of a perfect silhouette so I just put it off, and kept putting it off.  One day I decided it was do or die.  I started free-handing and it actually turned out.  The best part was that I found it quite therapeutic.

8 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I love my "bitty banner"! And I LOVE that tshirt that Graham is wearing, not to mention the cutie underneath it. And of course that bird silhouette is incredible. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, little Miss Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl and bird silhouette! Way to go, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've been meaning to call and tell you how impressed I am with your craftiness. I thought that you bought that owl...no joke. I swear I saw a Carter's tag on it. Then Erin informed me that you made it. Great job Mich Mich. We can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOVE the bird sillouette! Also I;ve been wanting to try the freezer paper stencil idea as I saw that before and we were going to do some cool matcher shirts fro the boys. Way to motivate me. Graham is a doll in ... well... EVERY photo. Squeeze him for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so impressed with your craftiness. I really need to come out to Utah and spend some time with you and hopefully I will catch the "bug"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so talented. I had no idea you were crafty, I wish I lived there so we could craft together. Of course you would have to teach me a thing or 2 cause you are way better than I am. I love that owl....I want one!! And I love your painting, is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have so many lovely updates on your blog. I've been away from blogging for a bit... I'm glad to see you are doing well and being as creative as ever! Graham is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete