Thursday, March 3, 2011

I hate reading...

certain children's books. 
Graham loves this book.


I, on the other hand, don't because it requires me to think.

I don't really care who is hiding.
I prefer rhyming books or funny books.  Or books that are both, like this one.


I decided to ask my mom if she ever felt the same.

Question:  Were there ever certain books you hated to read to us?
Answer: Oh yeah! (without hesitation)

She immediately brought up this book about Louis Pasteur, the guy who created the first vaccine for rabies.


She said we were facinated by the illustration of a rabid dog foaming at the mouth (which is totally how I remember it, too).  However, the book is really long and has a lot of text.  I can see how that would be annoying.

So, what do I do?  I am seriously considering hiding "Who's Hiding" and any other book that annoys me.  Will this scar my child?

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you want to HIDE the book "whose hiding". It's very ironic. I say hide it just for that fact alone. Besides perfect parenting= no good stories to tell when he is older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Don't you get tired of the same books OVER AND OVER.
    How funny!

    ReplyDelete